Was Your Home Hit Hard Enough To Need Storm Damage Restoration For Your Roof?
Although your rooftop is built to withstand the harshest of weather conditions, any experienced roofing contractor can tell you some storms are too extreme. Even if you have new roofing, you should have it checked following any severe weather event. You just never know when hail, wind, lightning, or ice can cause the need for storm damage restoration.
Take Care Of Your Roof After A Storm
It's always better to err on the side of caution following bad weather. It's more cost-effective to have a professional roof inspection than to find out you needed repairs months ago. The sooner you can catch the need for repairs; the less drastic the damage may become.
Once the inclement weather has subsided and you're sure there aren't any downed power lines or other hazards, you can conduct an assessment by looking for noticeable signs of damage. You may notice missing shingles, loose granules on the ground, or be able to see light in your attic. However, even if you don't see anything with an untrained eye, that doesn't mean everything is clear. Some keep tips to remember following a storm:
- Water intrusion can lead to mold and rot, posing a health and safety threat.
- Document damage for insurance claims.
- Avoid working with door-to-door, out-of-town contractors who may not provide quality work or be around to stand by the work.
Repair Or Replace?
The genuine concern is deciding whether the damage is significant enough to warrant it totaled or not. It's good to opt for storm damage repair if:
- The damage isn't more like complete destruction
- The cost of repairs isn't 50% or more than the current value
- The age of the roof isn't nearing the end of its lifecycle
- It wasn't already time for a new roof
- The structural integrity isn't compromised
Jireh 7 Roofing is the ideal company to trust for an accurate assessment and quality work for projects like storm damage restoration. Give us a call in the Severance area the next time your need the expertise of an honest roofing contractor.